ABM is committed to the future development and integration of BIM (Building Information Modelling) into the construction industry and has started this process.
BIM Vision for our Business
ABM is committed to the future development and integration of BIM (Building Information Modelling) into the construction industry, our vision is to incorporate BIM across all projects and utilise it as a standard delivery process. Our objective is to align with the National BIM Councils ‘Roadmap to Digital Transition’ which envisages the construction sector to achieve 20% reduction in cost, 20% reduction in program and 20% increase in construction exports by 2021. With the use of BIM authoring tools like Autodesk Revit we should be able to spend less time manually coordinating information. That time can then be better used to create more efficient and sustainable buildings.
- BIM assessment across our business and supply chain
- Provide a training program to staff members
- Track & implement our training program across projects
- Engage with BIM leaders across different sectors
- Develop guidance documents and procedures
- Actively involved in industry organisations and events
- Work with clients, design teams, sub-contractors and suppliers in a collaborative environment
- One single source of project information
- Clear message across project team
- Utilise relevant cutting-edge technology aspart of project delivery
- Research the best solutions available to deliver projects
- Maximise time and minimise waste
Through strategic alliances with like minded companies, ABM has taken steps towards this integration process of becoming fully BIM enabled through the training of our staff and increasing the awareness of the direction the construction industry is turning.
Embracing the BIM strategy will in turn lead to a more cost effective and efficient way of producing construction documentation for the benefit of our in-house quantity surveying and procurement teams, helping to reduce the frequency of any on-site issues.
We have recently recruited staff with significant BIM experience in clash detection and resolution skills and are committed to continuing our integration towards becoming BIM enabled.
ABM BIM Projects
ABM has implemented BIM on a number of projects such as:
Third Stand, Tallaght Stadium– ABM led and co-ordinated the BIM Execution Plan and federated models to run Clash Detection workshops to refine and optimise the design of structural and mechanical/ electrical elements. The resulting input also generated a 4D animation of the installation of the precast concrete structure.
Cherry Orchard Accelerated Housing– ABM developed a 3D model of the building services and structure to ensure clash detection was eliminated particularly at congested areas in the building i.e. at first floor and the below ground for the pop-up locations.